Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Something Borrowed


I don't know about you, but when I got married -- both times -- along with my "something old, something new" and "something blue" my "something borrowed" was the first time out, a minuscule family pin -- way too tiny to call a brooch -- and the second time a handkerchief.

Note major diamond bracelet pictured here.  This was the "something borrowed" Andrea wore at her wedding, lent to her by Pippa, one of her best friends from college.

I bring this up merely to once again point out the inequities in this whole wedding business (as you can imagine I use the word "business" literally and figuratively).  We, the MOBs, have major challenges  in the production so as not to be completely overshadowed by the star of the day.

Already, she's got the la-dee-da show-stopping dress, flowers-in-the-hair, bouquet thing going for her so we have our work cut out for us.  

Here's my first tip:  Make sure you get a perfect manicure.  For bonding purposes, Drea and I got ours together.  

It's not as if anyone is going to be staring at our hands since we're not the ones having diamonds slipped on our fingers, I just recommend it as a grooming/morale booster.  

I also recommend a couple of laser zaps for any unsightly -- oh, I hate to use these words, but here goes: age spots, formerly known as liver spots.  More on this later.  

FYI the treatment feels like someone is snapping your hands with rubber bands which makes you want to slap the doctor.

(Another picture from Heather Stone, as you can clearly see stamped across little finger.)

No comments: